NPFL Day 15 Rundown
Posted On: March 27, 2017, 4:23 am
The Match Day 15 fixtures of the NPFL have been concluded. Ten matches were played in total. Some teams aimed higher and got results that propelled them up the table, while the efforts of some were not enough. However, there was exchange of relegation batons in the bottom 4 position as a new relegation contender emerged, Wikki Tourists.
There was also exchange of batons at the top as a new league leader emerged on the day as some streaks were ended. The ‘everybody na king for him lane’ scenario is one that never ceases to amaze and always plays out in the NPFL, irrespective of form as the home sides on the day emerged with a point at least.
Interesting numbers on the day.
- No home team lost 3 points
- Only points loss by a home side on the day was by Akwa United as they drew 1:1 at home to FC Ifeanyi Ubah
- FC Ifeanyi Ubah secured their first away point of the season against Akwa United
- 6 clean sheets on the day. All to the home teams
- 21 goals were scored on the day
- 17 goals were scored by the home sides while 4 were scored by the away sides
- 2 own goals were scored on the day. Djondang’s opener for Abia Warriors against his side Kano Pillars and Hamisu for Bukola Saraki FC against his side Plateau United
- Plateau United scored the most goals on the day (4) while their opponents Bukola Saraki FC conceded the most
- 4 penalties were awarded on the day. 2 to Plateau United and 1 to Remo Stars and Katsina United respectively.
- 1 hat-trick on the day. Fell to Plateau United’s Reuben Bala as they routed Bukola Saraki FC
- Remo Stars moved out of relegation places and now sit 15th. Still tough days ahead. No respite as they have same points as the 2 clubs directly below them
- Plateau United moved to the top and have 28 points
- Defending Champions, Enugu Rangers extended their woeful record to 3 consecutive defeats and 5 away defeats at a stretch. They are rooted to the bottom of the table with 12 points
- MFM’s quintuple run without a defeat was halted by Gombe United
- 1 red card was issued on the day to FC Ifeanyi Ubah’s Elu Wilson
That is all for this match day. We look forward to the next match day and hope the away sides spring a surprise or two.