PL Match Day 32 Numbers
Posted On: April 11, 2017, 8:46 am
The English Premier League fixtures for Match Day 32 have been concluded with very few shocking results. The games played on this Match Day produced lots of entertaining action, goals, and stories to that will be talked about till the next Match Day commences. One thing is certain, more campaign banners, calling for the resignation of Arsene Wenger will pop up
The Premier League’s top 4 sides kept things running smoothly as they all garnered maximum points from their fixtures giving their pursuers things to think about. The bottom two, battling relegation seem to have given up as they stretched their ugly winless form to more matches giving the sides above them space to breathe with less pressure.
We’ve learnt a few things from this Match Day. Sam Allardyce’s Palace are up for it. Spurs will definitely be finishing above Arsenal, wonder how the fans will fare against each other when this is confirmed. Spurs are ready to take their title pursuit to the wire, and Chelsea have learnt not to bow to pressure.
The numbers for this match day were appealing. They are mentioned below:
• Everton’s 4-3-3 enabled them to halt Leicester’s 5 game streak as their 4-4-2 formation on the day succumbed to pressure
• As predicted, on the day they decided to garner all 3point, Man United’s 4-3-3 ensured Sunderland got a beating with their 4-4-2
• Chelsea’s 3-4-2-1 was too strong for Bournemouth’s 4-4-2
• Man City’s 4-2-3-1 ensured maximum points against Hull City’s 4-4-1-1
• Middlesbrough’s 3-5-2 canceled out Burnley’s 4-4-2. 1 point apiece
• Stoke City’s 4-4-2 fell prey to Liverpool’s 3-5-1-1
• Southampton’s 4-2-3-1 was the stronger on the day as they outwitted West Brom’s 4-2-3-1
• West Ham’s 4-4-1-1 was enough to quell the fears of Swansea’s 4-3-3
• Tottenham’s 4-2-3-1 produced the whitewashing of the week as they hammered Watford with their 4-3-2-1 formation
• Crystal Palace’s 4-2-3-1 produced the shock of the Match Day as they dispatched Arsenal’s 4-2-3-1 with a 3 nil defeat.
• 4-2-3-1 was the most used formation on the Match Day – 6 teams
• 29 goals were scored on the Match Day
• 5 home wins 4 away wins and 1 draw
• 6 teams kept clean-sheets on the day
• 17 goals scored by the home sides and 12 scored by the away sides.
• 1 penalty awarded on the Match Day to CRYSTAL Palace against Arsenal and it was converted
• 1 red card issued on the day to Sunderland’s Sebastian Larsson
• 34 yellow cards issued on the day.
• Manchester United and West Ham received the most yellow cards – 5 each
• Stoke City, Man City, Crystal Palace, Tottenham and Middlesbrough received no card. The clean boys!
• 2 own goals were scored on the day. Hull City’s El Mohamady and Bournemouth’s Adam Smith
• Lukaku and Son Heung Min scored the only braces of the Match Day. No hat-tricks
• Pass masters were Man City with 713 passes. Crystal Palace made the least passes – 230
• Possession lords were Arsenal – 72%
These are the numbers for the just concluded Match Day 32 fixtures. The next Match Day is around the corner.