The NPFL Match Day 17 fixtures have rounded up. There was a change of positions on the table as the league gets into shape with the boys gradually being separated from the men. 10 games took place on the day, exciting fixtures albeit with some surprising scorelines judging by the NPFL’s standards.
Nasarawa United thrashed MFM FC 4 goals to nil. We didn’t see that coming based on MFM’s form this season. Not a drubbing of such magnitude. However, there were impressive numbers on the day in most of the fixtures and they are listed below.
- 10 wins on the day. All home wins. The sky is blue!
- No draw on the day
- 25 goals were scored on the day
- The home teams scored 20 while the away sides scored 5
- 1 red card on the day. Brandished to Gombe United.
- Enugu Rangers continued their woeful run. 1 draw and 4 losses in their last 5 games and stay 6 points off safety
- 5 clean sheets on the day
- MFM FC conceded the most goals – 4
- The highest number of goals scored on the day in a single game was 6, as Akwa United beat Shooting Stars 4:2
- The most goals by an away side - 2 by Shooting Stars
- 3 penalties were awarded on the day – Abia Warriors, Ifeanyi Ubah and Plateau United
- 1 hat-trick on the day – Akwa United’s Ibrahim Alhassan
- Akwa United scored 4 of their goals in the first half
- 2 braces on the day – Adetunji for Abia Warriors and Babawo for Niger Tornadoes
- Plateau United maintain top spot as El Kanemi move to 2nd place
- Remo Stars continue resurgence and now sit 14th on the log
That’s all we could cover for the Match Day. We look forward to the next one and hope some away results materialize.