Belgium coach Roberto Martinez has disclosed that Real Madrid attacker Eden Hazard has recovered well from ankle surgery. He made this known on Sunday but didn’t point out the time frame for his return to action.
Hazard underwent the operation in Dallas last month after fracturing his ankle. It seemed like the 29-year-old would go on another lengthy spell on the sidelines but the break due to the coronavirus pandemic means that he might feature this season depending on when La Liga resumes.
“I know he is recovering well. He is not far from running again and there are no complications,” Martinez said in a chat with some Belgian media outlets.
“Everything went well with the operation, but you also hope that everything goes well in the four to five weeks afterwards without complications, and there were none,” Martinez said.
“We know he will return stronger. We were also fortunate, of course, to have his surgery take place just before the coronavirus outbreak. Otherwise he would not be able to travel or be treated outside of Madrid. I have a positive feeling that Eden will be back soon,” he added.