It’s no more news that Scott McTominay has gradually established himself as a key player at Manchester United, more so by his performances under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer this term.
With Nemanja Matic currently out of favor at the club, McTominay has stepped up to impress despite the Red Devils’ inconsistencies this season. The midfielder has covered himself in glory by standing out.
Therefore, here are 9 stats that prove the midfielder’s importance to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men thus far this season.
- Scott McTominay leads in the number of duels won by any other United player this term with 78 to his name.
- He has made the most recoveries in the team, 76.
- McTominay has won the highest number of fouls in the team with 26
- Here is a big one! Only full-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka has won more tackles than McTominay in the United squad thus far. Wan Bissaka has won 43 while McTominay has won a whopping 18 for a midfielder.
- Only Wan-Bissaka leads McTominay in interceptions made by players in the United squad with 15 to 14.
- McTominay has completed 15 dribbles this term. He is only surpassed by Marcus Rashford in the team with 16.
- When it comes to aerial duels, he is led only by Harry Maguire (39) and Victor Lindelof (24). The 22-year-old has won 20.
- Only six players in the team have made assists thus far and McTominay makes the list.
- Outside Man United’s front three of Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial, and Daniel James, only McTominay has scored for the Red Devils in the Premier League this season.
Scott McTominay has been a very huge asset to the Red Devils in what has been a mixed season thus far. Man United appear to be regaining momentum with 3 wins in the last 3 games.
Hopefully, the Scot maintains his consistency for the Red Devils and continues to impress as the Red Devils aim to return to their glory days.