THE BEST TEAMS IN EUROPE IN 2022
NOTICE: 2021/22 Premier League Title winners Manchester City are the best team in Europe in 2022 thus far with a whopping points ratio of 2.82, closely followed by Liverpool, FC Porto, Bayern Munich, and the likes.
Scroll down to see the top 10 best teams in Europe as well as the top 22 best clubs in the world from the 2021/22 football season. Our method of ranking is explained in the article and has proven to be 100% valid.
Footiehound’s European Club Rankings table is a points-per-game system that combines the top teams from the top 7 ranking leagues in Europe based on the UEFA Country Coefficients system and it ensures that the best teams on current form are known at any point in time in a season. These are arguably the best clubs in the world in 2022.
- THE 11 BEST FREE FOOTBALL STREAMING APPS TO USE
- READ: HOW TO WATCH ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE IN THE US
- SOCCER NEWS AND ARTICLES
However, there will be a major adjustment to the standings as the 2021/22 football season kicks off. We’re taking into consideration, the metric of the quality of the opposition faced across the various leagues included but this was not the case in the 2020/21 season.
We saw that allotting the same points per game to all the teams put the ones in the lower leagues on par with the sides in the more competitive leagues and this shouldn’t be.
BEST CLUBS IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW STANDINGS
It’s a no-brainer that the clubs in the top 5 leagues have some very tough opponents and this is reflected in the number of teams that make it to the UEFA Champions League at the end of the season.
Their performance in the competition is another factor as they do better. The point is that the quality of opposition differs and gets better from bottom to top in the UEFA Country Coefficients Ranking. Hence, there must be more balance.
Therefore, we’ve come up with this point allotment to make it more balanced than it was initially. We’d be allocating 3.5 points for a win to the teams in the top 4 of the UCCR.
It’s basically those leagues with 4 guaranteed teams in the UEFA Champions League and 3 points to those with just two guaranteed UCL participants as we’re not giving any consideration to the playoff positions.
TOP 10 BEST CLUBS IN THE WORLD FROM THE STANDINGS – 2021/22 SEASON
Our European Club Rankings table works with a points-per-game system as mentioned earlier. Leagues with 4 UCL participants have 3.5 points per game for a win while the rest have 3 points. Please note that the latter takes effect from the 2021/22 season. Find below the top 10 best clubs in the world below.
TOP 20 BEST CLUBS IN THE WORLD TABLE
Meanwhile, the teams in the full table below are placed in no particular order in comparison to the top 10 best clubs in the world standings. However, a careful perusal will ensure you see the team that has the highest points per game after every matchday across Europe.
- German Bundesliga Standings
- Portugal Primeira LIga Standings
- English Premier League Standings
- Italian Serie A Standings
- French Ligue 1 Standings
- Spanish La Liga Standings
- MLS Standings
PPG stands for Points Per Game
PTS – Points
If you were ever at a loss on how to get football news on the most in-form team in Europe 2021 based on points-per-game, then this statistics table is ideal and will help you conclude on the best teams in Europe 2022 and top 10 best club in the world at any point in time with regards to PPG.
This system is necessary as the level of playing standards and competition differ in the Premier League, Bundesliga, Eredivisie, Ligue 1, La Liga, Portuguese Primeira Liga, and Serie A. The number of teams that participate in a season in each league also varies.
Some leagues have 20 clubs participating, some have 18, and some have 16. Therefore the points-per-game system will provide a level playing ground for ranking them when it is implemented.
THE TOP 20 TEAMS IN EUROPE 2022
This system will help you know the best team in Europe on current form at any point in a season. You’ll easily arrive at the most in-form team in Europe with the points-per-game system based on performances in their domestic leagues and that’s why we implemented it.
- SEE OUR OVER 1.5 FOOTBALL PREDICTIONS
- SEE OUR BTTS FOOTBALL PREDICTIONS
- WIN WITH OUR DAILY FOOTBALL PREDICTIONS
The UEFA Coefficients System currently has the following leagues in the top 7 and I’ll mention them here in no particular order. They are:
- Premier League – (20 teams participate per season)
- La Liga – (20 teams participate per season)
- Serie A – (20 teams participate per season)
- Ligue 1 – (20 teams participate per season)
- Bundesliga – (18 teams participate per season)
- Portuguese Primeira Liga – (18 teams participate per season)
- Eredivisie – (18 teams participate per season)
Someone might ask how we went about the selection of the teams for this standing. Here is all you need to know about Footiehound’s best team in Europe and the best clubs in the world on current form ranking:
- We leveraged the UEFA Coefficients system and picked the top 7 leagues.
- 3.5 points are awarded for a win to teams in leagues with 4 guaranteed UCL participants
- 3 points are awarded for a win to teams with 1 or 2 guaranteed UCL participants.
- Only clubs who are in UCL places across the various leagues at any point in time will make it to the standings. Therefore, some big teams may be absent occasionally if they are on a bad patch.
- Clubs in UCL playoff positions won’t make it to the standing at any point in the season. We’re awaiting the upcoming 2021/22 football season.
- The 21 positions in the standings came from automatic UCL qualification slots across the European football leagues.
- The points-per-game average will be used to determine the most in-form teams and not the points garnered in their respective leagues.
- The points-per-game ratio is determined by dividing the points garnered thus far in the season by the number of games played at any time in the season by clubs in respective domestic leagues.
- The League table will be updated weekly at the end of every matchday.
THE BEST TEAM IN EUROPE RIGHT NOW
This system is ideal to know the top 20 best teams in Europe 2022 and the best clubs in the world based on points-per-game or better still the top 22 best teams in Europe at any point in the season, still based on PPG.
You’ll get access to the most consistent clubs in a season based on performances in their domestic leagues and this is welcome information.
There’ll be some changes in the future as the coefficients system is updated as clubs may be added or removed or even a particular league. It all depends on their placement in the UEFA Coefficients System.