Juventus

News about the Old Ladies in the Serie A

The Juve job is seemingly too big for Andrea Pirlo
Featured, Juventus

The Juve job is seemingly too big for Andrea Pirlo

Andrea Pirlo was undoubtedly successful with Juventus in his time as a player but the same can't be said of his ongoing managerial spell at the club. It is all but confirmed that the Old Ladies won't be Serie A champions this year. Therefore, the quest for a 10th consecutive scudetto win is gone out the window. Should the Turin giants have stayed put with Maurizio Sarri? Maybe they should have, as they are about to fall short of Sarri's record which eventually resulted in his sack. The Old Ladies currently sit fourth in the Serie A, 12 points adrift of league leaders Inter Milan with 10 games to go. The sad story for Juventus is that Antonio Conte's men are in the form of their lives and are also one of the best teams in Europe this season at the domestic level. READ: Baggies h...
Buffon hit with a one-game ban for blasphemy
Juventus, News

Buffon hit with a one-game ban for blasphemy

Juve goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has been banned for one match for making a blasphemous expression and will play no part in Saturday's Turin derby against Torino. The ruling was given by the Italian Federal Court of Appeal on Tuesday. The veteran goalie was initially fined €5,000(£4,260) for an incident that occurred during a Serie A clash against Parma on December 19 last year. He was alleged to have shouted 'Porco Dio!, which translates as 'God is a pig', towards his team-mate Manolo Portanova. Although the supposed comment was not proven initially by the Italian authorities due to lack of clear audio, the verdict was upgraded to a ban after an appeal by the federal prosecutor. Therefore, Buffon will be on a one-match suspension which effectively rules him out of the Turin de...
Santos – Ronaldo is not affected by Juventus setbacks
Juventus, News

Santos – Ronaldo is not affected by Juventus setbacks

Portugal head coach Fernando Santos has revealed that the criticism of Cristiano Ronaldo due to his performances for Juventus has had no impact on the forward's morale. He added that he is ready to give 100% for Portugal in the World Cup Qualifier against Azerbaijan on Wednesday. Ronaldo came under fire after the Old Ladies were knocked out of the Champions League last 16 earlier in March by 10-man Porto who progressed to the next stage of the competition on away goals. "When Cristiano is with the national team, he always comes with the same vision, the same passion, the same will, the same joy," Santos said. "He always gives 100 percent when he comes to the national team. "I don't think he has any problem in terms of mentality at the moment." READ: Moussa Dembele facing tough...
Pirlo considering move for Fabio Quagliarella
Juventus, News

Pirlo considering move for Fabio Quagliarella

Juventus boss Andrea Pirlo is interested in making a move for former Old Ladies striker Fabio Quagliarella as he looks to enhance his options in attack. Quagliarella currently leads the line at Sampdoria but played for Juventus between 2010 and 2014, making 84 appearances in the Serie A and scoring 23 goals. Pirlo has reportedly made contact with the 38-year-old to see if he would be interested in a return to Juve after the expiration of his contract with Sampdoria. Since he departed from Juventus for Sampdoria in 2016, he has been prolific with 79 goals in 171 appearances. His recent decent performances and numbers have caught the eye of Pirlo who is reportedly planning a swoop for him. Quagliarella's current contract with Sampdoria will expire in June 2021 with him being expe...
Griezmann and Stegen blast Barca after painful Juve loss
Barcelona, Juventus, News

Griezmann and Stegen blast Barca after painful Juve loss

Cristiano Ronaldo had a nice time on his return to Camp Nou as Juventus thrashed Barcelona 3 nil to end up as winners of their UEFA Champions League group. This didn't go down well with Barcelona stars like Antoine Griezmann and Marc-Andre ter Stegen who criticized the team's performance against the Serie A giants. The Old Ladies got the needed 3 points on Tuesday night with Cristiano Ronaldo scoring two penalties, and Weston McKennie scoring from a bicycle kick. The result saw both sides finish level on points in the group although Juventus edged it with a superior head-to-head advantage having lost 2 nil to Barcelona at Turin and won 3 nil at Camp Nou. This was a major setback for Barcelona this season as their form in La Liga has also left much to be desired. It can be recal...
Bonucci – Juve will learn from loss to Barcelona
Barcelona, Juventus, News

Bonucci – Juve will learn from loss to Barcelona

Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci has claimed that the 2 nil defeat to Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League in Turin on Wednesday will teach them a lot. It was an exciting game that saw the Catalans run away with all three points and strangely three of Alvaro Morata's goals ruled out for offside with the aid of VAR. This fixture was one that caught the eye after the draws were made as it provided an opportunity for Lionel Messi to play against Cristiano Ronaldo yet again at one of the highest stages in club football. The rivalry would have been rekindled if not for the Portuguese's contraction of coronavirus which ruled him out of the tie in Turin. Hopefully, both players will be available when Barcelona welcome Juventus to Camp Nou. READ: Premier League clubs show ruthlessn...
Chelsea tried to sign Ter Stegen from Barcelona
Barcelona, Chelsea, Featured, Juventus, News

Chelsea tried to sign Ter Stegen from Barcelona

Chelsea now have the likes of Edouard Mendy, Kepa Arrizabalaga, and veteran Willy Caballero as goalkeepers who will battle for a regular place between the sticks this season.  However, reports have emerged that the Blues approached to sign Marc-Andre ter Stegen from Barcelona before settling for newcomer Edouard Mendy. Frank Lampard prioritized signing a goalkeeper in the summer transfer window after Kepa failed to convince the Englishman with his performances between the sticks last season. The Spain international was not very convincing and this resulted in him being dropped for a period including the FA Cup final last season. READ: It seems Sheffield United have been found out The Blues were on the search for a new shot-stopper but it became clear that letting go of Kepa...
Tardelli disappointed with Chiellini’s remarks about Melo and Balotelli
Juventus, News

Tardelli disappointed with Chiellini’s remarks about Melo and Balotelli

Marco Tardelli has not hidden his disappointment with Giorgio Chiellini after his harsh comments about Felipe Melo and Mario Balotelli. The Juventus captain described Mario Balotelli as a negative person who deserved a slap for his behavior when he was part of Italy's squad at the 2013 Confederations Cup. He went on to describe former club teammate Felipe Melo as the worst of the worst, adding that he told the management of the team that the Brazilian midfielder was a rotten apple. Since then, both players have responded to Chiellini's criticisms. Mario Balotelli insisted that he had never disrespected the Italy shirt and blasted the defender for not telling him outrightly to his face while Melo branded Chellini unprofessional. It can be recalled that Tardelli spent 10 seasons ...
Bernardeschi does not want to leave Juve, says agent
Barcelona, Juventus, News

Bernardeschi does not want to leave Juve, says agent

The agent of Federico Bernardeschi has insisted that the player is happy at Juventus and doesn't want to leave Turin in the summer. The Italy international joined the Old Ladies from Fiorentina on a five-year-deal worth €40 million in 2017 but has struggled to carve a niche for himself in the team. Juventus are ready to explore exit options for the player as they were willing to let him go in the January transfer window. A reported agreement with Barcelona didn't materialize while AC Milan's part-exchange offer with Lucas Paqueta didn't work out either as Juve rejected the offer. Regardless, Milan could still return for Bernardeschi while Atletico Madrid have also been linked with him. Juventus are yet to receive any concrete offers for the player and his agent Beppe Bozzo ha...
De Boer shocked by De Ligt’s move to Juventus
Juventus, News

De Boer shocked by De Ligt’s move to Juventus

Ronald de Boer, former youth coach of Matthijs de Ligt has revealed his surprise for the defender's choice of Serie A giants Juventus over Barcelona. De Ligt came through the youth ranks at Ajax and enjoyed a meteoric rise to limelight at a very young age. This ensured that he was promoted to the senior team on his 17th birthday. More was still to come from the youngster as he became Ajax's youngest captain as an 18-year-old and played a vital role in the club's journey to the semi-finals of the Champions League where they were eliminated in dramatic fashion by Premier League outfit Tottenham Hotspur. READ: Upamecano agrees personal terms with Bayern Munich The defender is gifted physically and technically and there were no surprises as most of Europe's elite clubs battled for...