The 2016/2017 English Premier League season will soon come to a close. However, it has come to our observation that most fans know little about the identity of the referees who officiate the games they spend time to watch week in, week out. Below is a list of the referees who have officiated games this season so far in the premier league. They are 17 individuals in number. Some may be classified as strict while others may be seen as free flowing football enthusiasts that restrict the number of cards and fouls they call for respectively.
- Michael Oliver has officiated the most games this season, 23 in total. Has 75 yellow cards and 2 red cards issued in his name. A king of the games and cards he is!
- Anthony Taylor has 22 games to his credit. Has issued 91 yellow cards and 3 red cards. A hotter than Oliver is here.
- Martin Atkinson has run the entire duration of 90 minutes plus added time in 20 games. Issued 71 yellow cards and 2 red cards which have come only after initial yellow cards. No straight red to his credit at the moment
- Mark Clattenburg: 20 games, 67 yellow cards, 2 red cards being preceded by yellows and 1 straight red.
- Mike Dean: 20 games, 78 yellow cards, 3 red cards preceded by yellows and 2 straight red cards.
- Robert Madley: 20 games, 80 yellow cards and 1 red card being preceded by a yellow. No straight red card to his credit.
- Jonathan Moss: 20 games, 88 yellow cards and 1 straight red card.
- Andre Marriner: 19 game, 68 yellow cards and 1 straight red.
- Craig Pawson: 18 games, 71 yellows, 2 reds being preceded by yellows and 1 straight red.
- Kevin Friend: 16 games, 72 yellows, 1 red card being preceded by yellows. No straight red card to his name.
- Neil Swarbrick: 16 games, 65 yellows.
- Mike Jones: 15 games, 47 yellows and 1 red being preceded by a yellow. No straight red.
- Le Mason: 14 games, 50 yellows, 1 red being preceded by yellows and 1 straight red.
- Stuart Attwell: 7 games, 22 yellows. No red.
- Paul Tierney: 7 games, 20 yellows
- Roger East: 6 games, 22 yellows and 2 straight red cards.
- Graham Scott: 5 games, 15 yellows, 1 straight red
Now you know your referees and the ground they’ve covered in number of games officiated, as well as in number of cards they’ve brandished to your dear and rival clubs alike. In total, it is 268 games between the referees, 1002 yellow cards issued, 13 reds being preceded by yellows and 17 straight reds dished out. Thanks to worldfootball.net
If it was possible, I’d ask you to contact the clubs you fan and ask them not to muck about when Anthony Taylor is on the pitch.